How to Watch Oscars Awards Live Online
Oscars is known as the biggest night in Hollywood, and for good reason. Over the years Oscars has solidified itself as one of the most prestigious awards ceremonies in the industry.
There have been many notable movies released during the year 2018 which makes the 91st Oscars exciting. Just to prove the point, movies nominated for Best Picture are Bohemian Rhapsody, BlacKkKlansman, Black Panther, The Favourite, Green Book, Roma, vice, and A Star is born.
What You Need to Know About Oscar Awards 2019
The 91st Oscar Awards will take place on Sunday, February 24 at 5 PM Pacific Time and 8 PM Eastern Time. The ceremony will be held at the iconic Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
As for the host, this year’s Oscar awards does not have one. Kevin Hart was poised to host the event but dropped out due to some controversy. But despite that, the Oscars will go on, and we’ll show you how to watch the event live on popular devices.
The awards ceremony will be shown in the United States via ABC channel. And you can catch Oscar Awards live online from anywhere in the world.
Watch Oscar Awards Live Online on PS4
PS4 is a great choice to watch Oscars live online. With the ability to play popular apps like Netflix, It’s more than just a video-games console. Here’s how to watch Oscar Awards live online:
- Subscribe to a VPN service
- Check if your VPN supports Router configuration then follow the configuration guide
- Connect with Australia server
- Download the 9Now app on your PS4 from PlayStation Store
- Launch the app and catch the live stream of Oscar Awards on PS4
Watch Oscar Awards on Fire Stick
Fire Stick lets you run smart apps, it’s a core functionality of the device. There are hundreds of apps available through the Fire Stick’s app store. Although the 9Now app is not available for Fire Stick, an alternative method is just as effective.
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Head over here to download the app for Fire Stick
- Launch the app and connect to Australia server
- Use a web browser to open Nine Network website
- Check the live stream section to watch Oscars on Fire Stick
Watch Oscar Awards on Roku
Roku is a device that is very similar to Fire Stick in the functionality it provides. We’ll use a similar method to watch Oscar Awards live online. Here’s how:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Use Australia IP to configure the VPN in your Roku
- Use the POPRISM web browser and visit Nine Network
- Visit the live stream section and watch Oscar Awards on Roku
Watch Oscar Awards on Kodi
Kodi is perhaps the most versatile option in the list here. It’s a digital media streaming tool that is also open-source by nature. It allows users to run third-party add-ons, paving the way for unlimited entertainment. For example, even though 9Now is not available as an add-on, we can use one of the several Kodi addons to stream Oscar Awards on Kodi.
Install Fusion Repository
- Go into Settings then System Settings
- Head into Addons
- In the Unknown Sources option, select yes to enable the option
- Go back and then into File Manager
- Select Add-Source and select None
- Now enter http://intrcomp.net/intrcomp/ and confirm Ok
- Go back to the home screen and then into Add-ons
- Click on Add-ons Browser and select Install from Zip File
- Find the zip file you just downloaded
- Go back to the Addon Browser menu and select Install from Repository
- Pick Intercomp Repository
- From the Video addons, section picks Poseidon and wait for it to install.
The addon will be available in the installed add-ons area, you can now watch Oscar Awards live online via this add-on.
The Oscars ceremony will feature 24 categories spanning diverse categories. In addition to Best Picture, the nominations for Best Actor and Best Actress are equally exciting. Follow this guide if you wish to watch Oscar Awards live online from anywhere in the world.